The Emory University Center for Ethics Bioethics Consultation Services was developed to provide health care ethics expertise to area health care systems. The Service works with each health care system to create a contract tailored to the needs of the organization. This expertise may, for example, include:
• providing a needs assessment,
• designing an educational plan,
• presenting educational or training programs,
• assisting with hospital policy development
• establishing the organizational procedures and by-laws for the institutional ethics committee.
• ethicist participation in hospital ethics committee meetings
• facilitating ethics consults
Contracts are developed on a monthly retainer basis or fee for service.
Kathy Kinlaw, MDiv leads the consulting service. If you are interested in learning more about how the Bioethics Consultation Service could benefit your organization, please contact:
Kathy Kinlaw, firstname.lastname@example.org